12.04.2008

Prego - Week 10

What's happening with the baby:
By the end of this week, the baby will have verifiable fingers and toes. The tadpole appearance diminishes as the tail completely disappears. Eyelids fuse and will stay shut until weeks 25 to 27. Both the external ear and upper lip are complete, and the beginnings of external genitalia appear. The average size of the baby-to-be is 27 to 35 millimeters, crown to rump, or 1.06 to 1.38 inches. Our little one weighs in at a hefty four grams! At the end of the eighth week of gestation our little one is no longer an embryo; from now on he or she is referred to as a fetus.

What's happening with Momma:
The inevitable "Pickles or Ice Cream?" question has been answered: PICKLES! Yes, I scream for pickles. You know the kosher dill spears.... mmmmHmmm.
The tummy is still a bit picky, but I'm learning how to keep it pleased. Small snacks throughout the day is the best remedy. Not "hungry" and not "full". My energy levels are rising. If only I could get a mid-day nap, I'd be back to normal-ish. All in all, I'm feeling quite good.

Thanksgiving was wonderful and relaxing thanks to G-ma & G-pa. Dinner was a success. I'll post a dessert recipe soon :) Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

No comments: