2.09.2009

Latest Hobby

I mentioned earlier that I wanted to start embroidering. Well, I picked up some tools this weekend and have started on my latest hobby. The first things I've noticed are: It's much MUCH less expensive than knitting, the results are virtually immediate, and the range of possibilities are endless. I swung by Nancy's Sewing Basket on Queen Anne to get a hoop, some notions and embroidery floss. I have a whole box of floss somewhere in storage from my friendship bracelet making days, but I'm too lazy to dig to the back and find it... Especially when floss costs about 60 cents each. I'm waiting on a shipment for smaller hoops since the 7" isn't going to work for onesies, but I have a canvas I may work on in the meantime.

I have a beginners book called "Doodle Stitching" by Aimee Ray. I like that she encourages using your own designs and doodles for your projects.


These are a couple of her designs.... I'll post pics of mine when I get a couple completed.


No comments: